Utah Department of Corrections

The inmate or visitor may submit a completed visitor application form and a completed visitor consent form to Utah State Prison Visiting or Central Utah Correctional Facility Visiting.

Visitors may submit applications for themselves and for minors. Once you have the forms, please complete the portion marked "Visitor's Section." The application should include:

  1. Inmate's full name, offender number, housing assignment, and date of request.
  2. Visitor's first, middle, last, and maiden (if applicable) name, gender, marital status, social security number, address, driver license number, state that issued the license, and date of birth.
  3. Relationship to the inmate (wife, mother, brother, etc.)

Please attach the appropriate personnel documentation as described on the back of the application form, or as specified by visiting staff. All documentation should contain the inmate's clearly printed name and offender number.

If you wish to be notified of the approval or denial of your application, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your application. Mail or deliver the completed application form, with all documentation, the signed consent form and any other supplemental information, to the appropriate visiting office:


Utah State Prison Visiting Office
P. O. Box 250
Draper, UT 84020

801-576-7051 or 801-576-7014 

Fax: 801-576-7015

Email: uspvisiting@utah.gov


Central Utah Correctional Facility Visiting Office
P. O. Box 898
Gunnison, UT 84634

435-528-6500 or 435-528-6000

Email: cucfvisiting@utah.gov


Visiting application forms are available at the links below:

Visitor Application Form & Renewal (PDF)

  First-time visitors need to have this form filled out and approved prior to their first visit to the prison.

 All visitors need to update their visiting application annually. It is the responsibility of the inmate or visitor to submit a renewal form to Utah State Prison or Central Utah Correctional Facility visiting staff 12 months from the date of the application's approval. Visitors or inmates shall notify the visiting staff in writing of any change of address of approved visitors within 10 days of new address. Failure to provide this information within the 10-day limit may result in suspension of visiting privileges.


Visiting Minor Request Form (PDF)

All minor visitors, except spouses, shall be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If the minor's parent or legal guardian is unable to escort the minor to visiting, the individual shall:

  1. Be the minor's grandparent or adult sibling, AND
  2. Provide a notarized letter from the parent or legal guardian giving the individual permission to escort the minor.

         Minors will be automatically removed from an inmate's visiting list, without notification, on their 18th birthday. It is that person's responsibility to submit an adult visiting application prior to the 18th birthday.


Request To Be Accompanied by Service Dog (PDF)