Is your family member, friend, or loved one due to release from prison soon? Please review the following information so you can be prepared for their release day.
ATTN: Starting March 31 we will have families pick up their loved one at Fred House Training Academy. Pick up times of releasing individuals will be 8:30 a.m. Families will need to wait inside their car.
When they arrive at Fred House Training Academy a non sick person from the car will need to come up to the front door and give us one shirt, and one pant for their loved one to change into. They will also need to sign our pick up sheet and let us know who they are picking up.
Families must stay inside their vehicles and are not permitted to wander around the parking lot, or Fred House Training Academy facility. As we are releasing many individuals wait times are not predictable, and patience is appreciated.
We will keep you updated when the Release Day Fair and Orientation returns to normal operation. Until then, here is a video of presentation:
INMATE PROPERTY AT DRAPER: The process for picking up inmate property will temporarily change during COVID-19 pandemic. You can learn more here: https://corrections.utah.gov/images/COVID-19_Property_Pick-up.pdf
RELEASE DAY FAIR AND ORIENTATION
Starting September 3, 2019, the Utah Department of Corrections will begin offering a Release Fair after completion of the Release Day Family/ Loved Ones Orientation Class.
The Release Day Family/ Loved Ones Orientation Class begins at 8:30 a.m. each Tuesday. The classes are held at Fred House Training Academy Gymnasium (14727 S. Minuteman Dr. Draper, UT 84020). This orientation last approximately 60 minutes at which time individuals who are scheduled for release from prison will be reunited with their family members to attend the release fair.
Booths will be set up from several state government, county government, nonprofit and faith based providers. These booths will allow individuals releasing to the community from incarceration the opportunity to connect with service providers and establish services they provide in a central area.
Additionally, those releasing from incarceration will be conducting their first “office check in” with Adult Probation and Parole after completion of the release fair. The individual releasing will meet with a member from the Adult Probation and Parole Release and Reentry Team in conjunction with their Adult Probation and Parole Field Supervision Agent through video conference to review the next steps of parole supervision.
This will help eliminate the immense time commitment family members and those releasing are facing by having to travel long distances to pick up their loved one from prison and additionally drive back to their local Adult Probation and Parole office to report to their field agent.
RELEASE DAY INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
- First, if you plan to have your loved one live with you then you will need to submit an address verification form. You can do that within 120 days of their release. You can learn more here: https://corrections.utah.gov/index.php/offender-resources/address-verification-form
- When picking up the offender we ask that you limit the number of family members to two adults (children are welcome). You will need to have a valid driver’s license for the driver and IDs for all other adults in the vehicle. Individuals on parole or probation are not allowed on property.
- Only one vehicle per releasing offender will be allowed on facility property.
- Do not bring your pets. Animals are prohibited from being left in your vehicle. If your pet is a registered service animal you will be asked to provide documentation.
- Please bring the releasing offender the following clothing items, one (1) shirt and one (1) pair of pants. All other clothing items must remain in your vehicle until the offender is released. (Shoes, belts, hats, gloves etc.)
- Once you arrive you will need to check in at the Fred House Training Academy. You will need to provide your ID and inform the UDC staff member which offender you are picking up.
Q: When and where does a person get released?
A: Releases/Paroles are processed every Tuesday. Most releases are processed and completed at the Fred House Training Academy (14727 S. Minuteman Dr., Draper, UT 84020). Refer to the Offender Search tab to verify a Parole/Release date or go to bop.utah.gov.
Q: My loved one is paroling to a Community Correctional Center (CCC/Halfway House), what do I need to do?
A: Nothing is required from you. Our Department of Corrections staff will transport the offender to the designated CCC on his/her release day.
Q: My loved one is housed in a County Jail. How do I know if he or she will be releasing from the Draper Prison or the County Jail?
A: The release team will not have that information until the Monday before the scheduled release day. We ask that you e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify this information.
Q: I am unable to pick up my loved one on release day, is transportation provided?
A: A member of our release team will take offenders who do not have rides on release day to the UTA Trax station located at 115 E. Sego Lily Drive in Sandy, Utah.
For all other questions please e-mail email@example.com or call (801)576-7141 or (801)576-7136.