***** NOTICE: Starting January 6, all in-person visiting has been temporarily suspended. *****
The Utah Department of Corrections encourages family and friends of inmates to visit them as their privilege level allows.
Studies have shown that inmates who visit regularly with supporters have a markedly improved chance of success when they are eventually released back into the community.
It is, however, important to review visitation regulations prior to attempting to meet with an offender, whether he or she is housed at the Utah State Prison, Central Utah Correctional Facility or in one of the county jails.
You can find information about our regulations below, as well as current visiting schedules here.
Please check our website regularly to find out whether any special conditions apply to the facility you plan to visit. The conditions may change daily.
Click to view our Visitor Application Forms
THE FOLLOWING COVID-19 VISITING RULES ARE IN EFFECT:
Please note, as we resume in-person visiting, we are still following CDC guidelines and recommendations made by state and local health officials:
To facilitate a safe visiting process, up to two (2) visitors at a time will be allowed. The following requirements will also need to be met by all visitors:
- Will need to be 18 and above
- Live in the same household (must be verified)
- Must not have been out of the country in the last 30 days
- Must not have been around anyone with Covid-19 for the last 14 days
- Must have a temperature less than 100 degrees when arriving on prison property
- Must wear a mask
- No physical contact between inmates and visitors will be permitted
- Visitors will need to fill out this form when they check-in for their visit.
IMPORTANT: When COVID restrictions are in place, visitors must be on time for scheduled visits. It is strongly recommended visitors arrive 10 minutes prior to the scheduled visit.
Learn how to schedule a video visit here: